Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Echo" by Kate Morgenroth

I am sitting at my desk doing physical chemistry when my sister walks in with a book in her hand. "This book is weird," she says. "Let me see," I reply. On the cover is a red shadow of a dissected rabbit, held apart by pins. I think, "Umm...." but open the book anyway. This simple act completely messed up my study schedule, but it was worth it =P

Here's what was on the flap:

“How could I know what's going to happen?” But somehow, he did know. The feeling was like déjà vu, but stronger... and scarier. It told him, without a doubt, that something was going to happen. And it was going to be bad. (p. 17)

In the year since Justin's younger brother Mark died in a horrific accident, Justin's life has unraveled. Justin used to be one of the school's star athletes, but now he's not even on any of the teams. He used to be part of the popular crowd, but now everyone at school treats him like he's a monster. He used to date one of the prettiest girls at school, but now she will barely speak to him. Then on the anniversary of his brother's death he gets into a fight with his former best friend and things spiral out of control—with terrible consequences. But that's not the worst. Now Justin is hearing a voice that's making him relive the day over and over again.

In this dark thriller, Edgar Award nominee Kate Morgenroth explores the thin line between reality and illusion inside a troubled young mind.

It was kind of weird, but in a good way if you know what I mean. I'd definitely recommend it; it's not too long so it shouldn't take much time to read ^_^

And it's another excuse not to study! haha

I'm on the bus when I suddenly realize, "Hey! The sun is shining!"

1 comment:

Chantal said...

I wish I had time to read! Or, I wish I could time manage properly, haha.

New blog URL by the way :)

www.chantalsknocking.blogspot.com